Hardware Systems Engineer (Full-time)
Based in Paris and San Francisco, Stereolabs is a world leader in the design of 3D computer vision algorithms. Our solutions combine 3D computer vision and machine learning algorithms with the camera ZED to make our clients’ physical spaces smarter, safer, and more profitable.
We are seeking a Hardware Systems Engineer to join our Hardware team.
🚀 Join our adventure in revolutionizing computer vision and come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the next generation of smart cameras.
As a Systems Engineer, you will conceive and develop Stereolabs next generation of products. You will have end-to-end responsibility from specification to productization and will work closely alongside the R&D team.
You will be responsible for:
- 📘 Participating in hardware architecture specification for future Stereolabs cameras.
- Investigating, studying, and selecting critical components for a complete system (optics, electronics, mechanics) depending on performance, cost, quality, and time to market
- 📊 Bringing up, analyzing, validating, and characterizing hardware design. Determining performance characteristics and document into engineering documentation
- ⚒ Producing systems mock-ups, prototypes, and tests from initial concept through manufacturing bring up
- Collaborating with software and product teams
- 🔍 Researching latest advances in optoelectronics, staying updated on technical announcements by relevant companies
- 3+ years of experience in the development of optoelectronic systems
- MS degree in Optics, Electronics, and/or Mechanics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with prototyping and CAD software
- Familiarity with communication protocols (I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.) and wireless technology ((WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.)
- Knowledge of C/C++ and microcontrollers
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and within an agile development team
As soon as possible
Paris (Porte d'Orléans)
Depends on experience